Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Belly button boobs???

OK - I see myself as a pretty accepting individual and heartily support people making their own decisions regarding their bodies. So when a woman wants/needs breast augmentation my thoughts are ... whatever works. None of my business.

BUT --- as I sit here cooling off from my errands of the day I am watching a commercial on TV that talks about "scar-less breast augmentation." OK, sounds interesting. How do they pull this off?

Next words are, "With a small incision in the belly button ... " Now call me dense, call me off center, call me what you want ---- but how in the holy hell does one get a silicone/saline breast implant through a small incision in your belly button?

I am conjuring mental images of a substance akin to a tube for a tire being pushed through this "small incision" and then twisted and poked into place beneath my left boob so that it can be inflated to whatever pre-determined size I had chosen. Sorry, doc, but this just seems totally off the wall.

If you doubt this theory ... Ok ladies, measure the space from your navel to the center of your boob. It's no short distance. Makes me wonder if perhaps it's a setup for the eventuality of gravity taking over. After all, your belly button and your boobs don't meet until later in life, ya know.

No comments: